If you have exceptional talent, i.e. recognized expertise on national and even international level, in the field of science, art, education, business or sport you may qualify for the green card to all your talents in America.
The biggest advantage of this category of green cards is that a "labor certification" is not required, so you do not need to prove that you can replace an American employee.
EB1 Green Card Requirements
You must be able to demonstrate extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics through sustained national or international acclaim. Your achievements must be recognized in your field through extensive documentation. No offer of employment is required.
You must meet 3 of 10 criteria below, or provide evidence of a one-time achievement (i.e., Pulitzer, Oscar, Olympic Medal)
• Evidence of receipt of lesser nationally or internationally recognized prizes or awards for excellence
• Evidence of your membership in associations in the field which demand outstanding achievement of their members
• Evidence of published material about you in professional or major trade publications or other major media
• Evidence that you have been asked to judge the work of others, either individually or on a panel
• Evidence of your original scientific, scholarly, artistic, athletic, or business-related contributions of major significance to the field
• Evidence of your authorship of scholarly articles in professional or major trade publications or other major media
• Evidence that your work has been displayed at artistic exhibitions or showcases
• Evidence of your performance of a leading or critical role in distinguished organizations
• Evidence that you command a high salary or other significantly high remuneration in relation to others in the field
• Evidence of your commercial successes in the performing arts
USCIS fees $700
I-485 filing fee: This fee varies based on your age and refugee status.
- Below the age of 14 and filing with a parent: $750
- Below the age of 14 and not filing with a parent: $1,140
- Between the ages of 14 and 78: $1,225 including mandatory biometrics fee
- Older than 78: $1,140 with no mandatory biometrics fee
The I-485 is free for refugees.
The biometrics fee is $85 if applicable
The cost of U.S. Department of State for visa applications with a decision within 15 days.
USCIS Premium Processing fee: $1,410