Modern City

By creating your free account, you will be able to oversee the application process and get in touch with an Immigration Specialist!

L1 Intracompany Transferee Visa Overview

L-1 visa (Intracompany Transferee Visa) category allows multinational companies to transfer certain types of employees from a qualified foreign office to the U.S. to continue employment. This is extremely helpful for companies conducting business in both the United States and in foreign countries.

L1 Intracompany Transferee Requirements

To receive either type of L-1 visa, the employee’s company must meet two requirements: - First, there must be a recognized relationship between the business in a foreign country and a business in the United States. This can be a parent, affiliate, subsidiary or branch relationship. - Secondly, the company must be doing business in the United States and at least one other country, or have plans to do so during the period of the L-1 visa. The employee must also have worked for the foreign business for at least one continuous year during the preceding three years.

Government Fees

I-129 basic filing fee: $460 Anti-Fraud Fee: $500 Public Law 113-114 Fee: $4,500. This fee is only applicable if your employer has more than 50 employees with over half under L-1A, L-1B, or H-1B status. ACWIA Training and Education Fee: $750 for employers with a workforce of 25 or fewer. $1,500 for employers with a workforce of 26 or more. DS-160 application fee (for consular processing only): $190


There are several steps to apply for a L1 Intracompany Transferee Visa.

  1. The applicant must first file an I-129 form with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service along with documentation proving the company and the employee’s eligibility for an L-1 visa.

  2. If the USCIS approves the application, it will issue a notice of action. This will allow the applicant to either apply for a visa at a United States embassy or consulate in his or her home country if he or she is outside of the U.S. or apply for a change of status while inside the country.

  3. If you are outside the U.S. and need to go through consular processing, then you will need to fill out a DS-160 online visa application and bring the confirmation to the consulate or embassy along with the filing fee. Then you will go through a personal interview with an immigration officer in order to determine your eligibility for the L-1 visa.

  4. If you pass the interview, then you will be issued your L-1 visa and you will be able to start working for your employer in the U.S.

$4990.00 + Gov. Fees
The Premium Assistance Benefits:

 100% Refund Guarantee in Case of a Denied Visa*


The following Benefits:

Free account to access to your case 24/7 worldwide.

Dedicated immigration specialist.

Secure cloud document management for transferring files.

Simplified communication through your portal.

Support and Assistance by Phone and E-mail 24/7.

Supplying the necessary information needed to make your case as airtight as possible, giving it the best chance of success.

Ability to track USCIS decision or notification instantly via your profile.